May 27, 2010

2 weeks.

friends. i am excited to think that exactly 2 weeks from now i will have been HOME for 10 hours and 35 minutes. oh my goodness. it is so soon. can i please be excited? i have been counting down the weeks every wednesday since i had a month left. and everyone, i am STILL EXCITED to be HERE in AUSTRALIA. i am loving australia. i just miss giving my mama a hug every night and telling her that i love her. i miss the funny story telling that makes no sense every day to karissa and the goofy moments when we are in the bathroom together getting ready for the day at 7am. i miss those times. i miss my little sister's drama and playing the role of "superhero big sister! to the rescue!" and i miss tackling my brother and the snuggle times that i get with him every night we cuddle on the couch and watch a movie together. i miss talking with my dad and having ADULT conversations. woah...adult here! and the adventures that we go on in the mountains. i miss rubbing my doggies tummy and feeding him a scoop of dog food every morning and having my "morning time" with him...even if it is just feeding him and immediately letting him out before he busts his pants and then petting his soft fur and giving him a treat when he comes back in so that he will come running to me first....oh the joys of food for bribery.
i miss the mountains. i miss hiking. i miss the home life. i miss my bed and the sun shining through the basement windows on my face and waking me up because i get too hot. and i miss sharing a bathroom and having counter space! i miss walking UPSTAIRS to the kitchen and to crawl out of my hole to see everyone else upstairs. i miss how hot it is upstairs and how cold it is downstairs. having a schedule. going and seeing my friends. driving.
oh australia. what i will miss about you:
my God time. time. time time time. all the time i have here.
hillsong. sunday mornings...my alone time.
my alone time. i absolutely love it and treasure it.
xavier scaring me every chance he gets.
baking every day.
oh my goodness...the quick runs before dinner every night. and treasuring the sunsets. the sunsets. oh my goodness. i don't know why i have just fallen in love with them so much over here...probably because sunsets are spectacular. and i am excited to see the ones in utah. with the mountain silhouettes (do you know how hard that word is to spell? it needs the e before the t's).
the rain almost everyday.
the southern cross.
hiking.
snorkeling.
the beautiful sights.
the adventure of gladstone.
the adventure of hamilton island and the great barrier reef.
the adventure of the red centre.
the adventure of sydney.
the adventure of brisbane.
the adventure of grocery shopping.
the adventure of driving.
the adventure of downtown.
the adventure of just being here.
the adventure that has gone on in my heart. the changes God has brought forth.
the encouragement from everyone. friends, you are such a blessing and so wonderful.
meat and 3...6 veg every night.
sleeping for...or being in bed...for 11 hours a night. i probably sleep about 10 hours. :)
tivo.
writing in my journal every day.
the goals that i have set for being here have been met. but they can continue to be worked on. it's a never ending process and i'm thankful for the adventure of living everyday.
the friends i have made here. the people i have met. the relationships that have been built with everyone here. everyone has made a huge impact on my adventure here. and i'm so thankful for them all.
the verses:
be joyful ALWAYS; pray CONTINUALLY; give thanks in ALL circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 thessalonians 5:16-18).....even though things have been "bad....let's just say i would rather not have been in these situations"...wow, God has done amazing things with these moments. your attitude definitely changes when you read these verses and think...aww what? really? God, you serious?....but here in australia, you just let God work on your heart. BUT you let God work on your heart anywhere and everyday. and i am so excited to go home and to try this out in my "real life" and not in this blissful adventure where i have no responsibilities and am living life as a long three month vacation. what a great adventure this has been and still is.
hello. my name is kaitlyn. and i lived in australia....I GET TO SAY THIS TO PEOPLE when i introduce myself at church in the college group....
hello. my name is kaitlyn. something unique about me is....
i lived in australia.
i walked 10k around uluru.
i snorkeled with nemo and dory.
i slept under the southern cross.
i ran next to the brisbane river.
i hiked in kings canyon.
i touched the sydney opera house.
i walked inside the sydney opera house.
i touched the pacific ocean from the west side.
i ate kangaroo.
i held a koala.
i fed a kangaroo.
i conquered my fear of spiders.
i ate vegemite.
i love tea. even when it's boiling hot.
i know that 25 degrees celsius is about 80 degrees farenheit.
i drove on the left side of the road, and this time it was going with the flow of traffic.
oh australia. such a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment