June 9, 2010

home.

i am home.

i am struggling. i don't know what to do with myself. before i let the thoughts and the realization of being home sink in, i am going to sleep. 2 days without sleep has done no good to my body.
but i am also rejoicing.
i love hugging my mama, daddy, karissa, kellie and kristopher, giving topaz a belly rub, seeing my dear friend hally and 2 of her boys and the joy i got to see from wyatt being so social, seeing mountains, going for a walk, eating my mama's food, the ending of a crazy long wednesday spent all at the airport, snuggling on the couch and falling asleep to a movie, thunderstorms, summer smells.
i am home. and it's great.
the parts that i was struggling with was unpacking and looking at my room. i don't need a converter for my appliances, i don't have to choose between which button to push for the toilet, i don't have to find a shirt that smells decent to wear it...i know have a whole closet full of options, i hate texting...well not the part where i get to communicate with people, i hate the fact that i "have to" carry a phone around now in order to do that.....now i just don't let texting control my life. it's ok to leave the phone and answer when i feel like getting to it.
the adventure in australia has come to an end.
but the adventure at home is just beginning. and it is off to a great start. thank You God for the safe trip home, that i get to see my family, the rejoicing of reuniting, the joy of being alive, the joy of giving. thank You. thank You for the adventure in australia and that it was a huge part of my life where i got to experience YOU! a little more and was just continually blessed by you daily. and thank You for being with me now and continuing to bless me. thank You for the joy of the adventure of being home.
thank You.
i am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment